Seller Hints & Tips
When selling, getting a good price requires a winning formula. It’s vital you choose the right agent, run an integrated marketing campaign, check recent and comparable sales and engage an auctioneer who can set a platform for the best possible outcome.
- Choose an agent with a successful auction track record.
- Attend open-for-inspections and local auctions for a better view of the market.
- Your choice of auctioneer is crucial. Plan your campaign around the availability of the best auctioneer available.
- Avoid part-time or novice auctioneers. Let them practice on someone else.
- Go to market showing buyers you are a motivated seller.
- When setting a reserve price communicate a figure you would like and a bottom line price.
- Know the distinct difference between an asking price and a contract price.
- Adopt marketing strategies that have proven successful on similar properties.
- Run advertising in media suitable for your target market to give your property maximum exposure.
- Present your property in the best possible light. Consider access, street appeal, interior presentation, remove clutter, make minor repairs and be flexible about open for inspection times.
- Follow expert advice on modifications or aesthetic improvements needed for a higher sale price. You’ll make more than you’ll spend.
- Develop a buyer profile to identify serious buyers. It will help you better understand buyer behaviour.
- Prepare to make timely decisions. Buyers are often lost through indecision and procrastination.